By the time I got to Phoenix I was thoroughly sick of our Michigan weather. We left in snow, which was blowing and drifting into our path even as we stepped into our Delta airplane, routed through Atlanta.Friends B & M, who were escaping by car to Florida, were stopped in their tracks near Atlanta in that terrible ice storm which paralyzed Georgia for a few days. A new polar vortex extended south across the country, but not to Phoenix, where the weather was perfect every day, sunny and moderate.
That terrible Atlanta weather did in fact affect us in Phoenix. Our pilots were not able to get out of Atlanta to take us home from Phoenix through Minneapolis. We waited for four hours with no clue that our flight would be cancelled. A fellow stranded techie said there was not even any information on his Delta app. In the end, Delta provided us with hotel vouchers and a shuttle and we were rescheduled for the next day. We enjoyed some down-time and a dinner with friends R & G, but really, we were just ready to go home. The only bonus was a short time in first class on the second leg of our trip. I had forgotten how much more spacious it is up there! I felt like a slob next to my first class seatmate who clearly belonged there. I explained to him that we were weary travelers (with no clean underwear left--no I didn't say that!), plunked into the last seats remaining on this re-scheduled flight.
Stepping outside our hosts back door, this was our view the first day in Phoenix:
By evening this is what the sky was like:
When we arrived we were treated to a spread of goodies and our choice of adult beverages:
Detail of food:
This was our bedroom. All decor seemed to reflect a "southwestern" style:
Here is one shot of the master bedroom, well-appointed indeed:
![]() |
| Extra bedroom with its own theme |
![]() |
| another backyard view |
![]() |
| and another |









That spread looks good. I hope you ate your fair share.
ReplyDeleteI'm sure I did...
Delete