Saturday, August 30, 2014

Fantasy Football - Again

Draft day was this week and I'm in a fantasy league--again! Dumb as I am about football, my Thorny Roses team still came in 4th out of 12 last year. I already did a couple of stupid things on this year's draft, but maybe Luck (not Andrew) will carry me through once again.

I grabbed the top ranked QB Peyton Manning first, which is not recommended, but may make things interesting...

My Thorny Roses  team symbol
I drafted a favorite from last year to make watching the Bears a little more exciting: Alshon Jeffrey. Just one Bear this year. Bears and Lions? I have Reggie Bush.

Tony Romo returns as my backup quarterback.

I didn't really do my homework and we couldn't seem to get a good cheat sheet to print out. I ended up drafting a player that was suspended for the year! He was just on my bench and easily replaced--I placed a waiver for another immediately after the draft. (My trash-talking league immediately made me aware of my uninformed choice).

But, almost everyone got a "B" team this year. I also managed a "B" grade on my draft report card, which was plenty respectable, I thought.

After a lucky winning streak last year that moved me to the top of the pack, the husband informed the girls (oldest daughter is the "commish"--commissioner of the league) that they had created a monster: ME. I will try not to be so obnoxious this year. I am really not all that competitive!

4 comments: