Saturday, August 9, 2014

A Peek at the New Roof


It was a quiet week at This Old House. I almost missed the hammering and sounds of MEN ON THE ROOF that often awakened me in the early(ish) mornings these past few weeks.

The shingles are on. We are awaiting new windows next.

The peek of the roof has venting, which is a new thing for us, allowing all the hot air produced in the attic (or anywhere else) to escape.

It looks pretty good I think, with its neutral tones and shadings of color. It makes the rest of the house contrast shabbily. And then there is that gaping hole in the side of the garage:



I hope no bats take up residence.

 Did you know they think that the Ebola virus might probably be traced to a 2-year-old and a bat??
Bat guano?? (Again, just in case you miss my one poop reference per post from last year!)

No comments:

Post a Comment